Thursday, August 9, 2007

Everybody Loves Wilson


Wilson walks into the auditorium of the Art Center of Pendleton. All the students of Rock and Roll Camp applaud. Why is this?


"I like Wilson; he's cool," says Cameron Taylor, a young student, when asked who his favorite teacher is. Taylor has had plenty of experience with Wilson throughout this week.


But what's so likeable about Wilson?


Children and adults alike are totally impressed with his guitar playing abilities.

"He's kickass at guitar," continues Taylor.


15 year old guitar prodigy Jon Oravec has a mouthful to say about Wilson.

"He's really cute, he has a really cool beard, and he's an amazing guitarist. And he's really nice."


When asked what he liked most about Wilson, Dalton Steiner said "how giddy he is."


We asked Trevor Dean the same question. He answered with, "I like how he plays the bass."

With his guitar finess, you'd think he'd have done some solo work. I got onto his very busy schedule for a quick interview.
My first question was whether he had done any solo work. The answer was no.
I then asked him who his least favorite member of Point Juncture Washington was. He said, "Myself. I hate myself and I want to die." It's hard to tell when he's kidding.
We got to talking about Wilson's public image. Here's what he had to say:
"I don't think anyone cares about me."
During the interview, I found out for the first time what Wilson's last name is. It is Vediner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wilson makes my heart flutter ^-^
And Oravec kicks butt as a rock and roll writer.